July was a really good month for me. I know, it’s August now, but in this post when I say “this month” I am referring to July. Also, can we talk about the fact that it’s already August?! I really do not want to go back to school; why does summer go by so fast yet the school year goes by so slow? During the week I would usually be at home which meant lots of time for reading and watching TV/YouTube. On the other hand, my weekends were filled with fun and I would usually be going out somewhere.
This month I applied to my first ever job. I heard something back but it was not confirmed whether or not I will get an interview. I will update you on the matter in next month’s wrap up post because I am really excited and nervous! I guess this was a month of firsts because I also learned how to ride an ATV which was cool because the only other motorized “vehicle” I’ve ever driven was a lawn tractor haha.
I went to two MLB baseball games this month which was so fun! I really love sports (especially baseball and hockey) and it’s always nice to go see games live (even though I still have yet to go to an NHL hockey game). I really love that going to a baseball game means that you’re out for the whole day and I love being out of the house! I even went to a car race which is also SO much better when you watch it live!
If you follow my Bookstagram (which you totally should; it’s always linked at the end of my blog posts) you would know that I started a new outdoor theme! I really loved the outdoor theme that I did last summer and had a lot of fun with it so I decided to try the outdoor theme again this summer! I am having so much fun with it, I feel like my photo options are unlimited! Whenever I go to my grandma’s when I have an outdoor theme I always bring a separate suitcase full of books so I can take photos at her house. The gardens around her house are so beautiful and it’s worth all the weird stares I get from neighbours walking by.
I was also chosen as an Instagram rep for @acourtofcandles for August, September, and October! I am so excited because I have been following this shop since they first opened! I have a discount that you can use on everything in their shop (except for the monthly limited edition boxes)! When you make a purchase, use the code PLENTIFUL for 15% off of your purchase!
In July I finished watching Season One of Riverdale. I really love the show and that last episode was CRAZY. I need the next season like NOW. I also watched Wonder Woman with my family. I ADORED this movie so much and the ending had me sobbing even after the movie was over. I really recommend watching Riverdale and Wonder Woman if you haven’t already.
I am so happy with how much I read this month. I haven’t read this much in a single month in so long! I was in a slump for the whole month of June and didn’t finish a single book so I am so glad that I finally got out of that horrendous slump by the beginning of July. Here’s what I read this month:
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – 3/5 stars. This took me over a month to read, partly because of my slump and partly because of how slow I felt the book was. I think it contributed to why my slump lasted a month, but I enjoyed it enough. I read the majority of this in June when my slump would let up for a little part of some days, but I finished it in July.
- Divergent by Veronica Roth – 5/5 stars. I needed to reread an old favourite to pull me out of my slump and this definitely helped.
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth – 5/5 stars. This book did the trick to shake off the rest of my slump. I think it’s the 5th time I’ve read Divergent and Insurgent and I appreciate them more and more each time I read them.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky – 1/5 stars. I read the first 90 pages of this, then skimmed the rest so this is basically the first book I’ve ever DNFd. It was just SOOOOOO boring and I felt it pulling me back into a slump. I didn’t even bother writing a full review to post on my blog so check out my Goodreads (which is always linked at the end of my blog posts) if you want to know more of why I didn’t like this book at all.
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo – 4/5 stars. I enjoyed this more than Six of Crows but I didn’t love this duology as much as everyone seems to. Keep an eye out here on my blog for reviews for both books.
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner – 4/5 stars. I feel like this book has a lot of negative/neutral reviews, but I really enjoyed it!
- I also started reading The Scorch Trials by James Dashner and got around 140 pages in. I’m enjoying it so far, keep an eye out for my August wrap up if you want to know more of my thoughts after I finish it!
So that’s what I read in the month of July as well as a wrap up of other things I did this month! I really like the way my wrap up posts are now because I feel like I can be more genuine and open with you guys rather than ONLY talking about books. I do things other than reading so it’s nice to talk about those things!
How many books did you read in July? Which one was your favourite? Let me know in a comment!
Social Media Links: