I haven’t done a Top 5 Wednesday post in so long and I’ve missed it! I thought this prompt was really relevant to me because I feel like the majority of series I read get better as the books go on.
Here’s the 5 series (in no particular) that got better as the books went on!
- The Darkest Minds trilogy by Alexandra Bracken. I have the first book 2/5 stars and the last book 4/5 stars. I think those rating speak for themselves.
- Legend trilogy by Marie Lu. I didn’t really connect to the first book, but the third book had me sobbing at some parts.
- The Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. The first book was just meh for new, but I adored the second and third books!
- The Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo. Like with the Grisha trilogy, the first book of this duology wasn’t the best in my opinion, but I really enjoyed the second book!
- Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth. I think this is an unpopular opinion, but I thought the books in the trilogy got better and better as the trilogy went on!
What are some series that you thought were better as the books went on?