Like I said in my June Wrap Up post, I want to do more tag posts on my blog since they’re so fun, so today I bring you: the Mid-Year Book Freak Out tag! Before I start, I just wanted to say that I’ve read around 15 books so far this year; two of those being for school, and two others being rereads.
Now, onto the questions:
1. Best book you’ve read so far this year? A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas. It was one of my most anticipated books and it did not disappoint!
2. Best sequel you’ve read so far this year? Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo. The first book in the trilogy, Shadow and Bone, was a tad underwhelming but the second book blew me away!
3. New release you haven’t read yet but want to? The Pearl Thief by Elizabeth Wein. It’s the prequel to Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein, and I want to read it before I read Code Name Verity!
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year? Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas. I feel like I’m one of the few people that adore Chaol and are so excited for this book!
5. Biggest Disappointment? Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. I adored the movie and thought I’d enjoy the book too (considering all of the hype surrounding it), but I was completely wrong.
6. Biggest surprise? Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. I had to read this for school, and I ended up enjoying it! I don’t usually enjoy school books, but this was definitely a nice surprise.
7. Favourite new author? I’ve read the Grisha trilogy and Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo this year and her books are so enjoyable! I am really looking forward to picking up Crooked Kingdom.
8. Newest fictional crush? Kaz Brekker from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. He scares me but he’s also such a cinnamon roll.
9. Newest favourite character? Jurian from A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas. I loved his character so much throughout the book!
10. Book that made you cry? A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas. This book made me sob so hard that I had to take a good twenty minute break before I could go back to reading it (side note: this happened multiple times while reading).
11. Book that made you happy? A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas. While this book did make me cry, the fact that Azriel played so much of a bigger part in this book than he did in A Court of Mist and Fury warmed my heart.
12. Favourite book to movie adaptation you saw this year? I’ve only seen a book to TV adaptation this year, so I’m just going to talk about that. I binge-watched Thirteen Reasons Why in like four days last month after I wrote my exams. That show was so well done and really moving. I also ADORE the cast (especially Tony, he deserves the world).
13. Favourite review you’ve written this year? I’m really proud of how I managed to write my review for A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas without spoilers.
14. Most beautiful book you bought this year? This book was a birthday git from my dad, so I didn’t buy it, but The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah is such a gorgeous book!
15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year? I really want to read all of Morgan Matson’s books which I’m actually hoping to accomplish this summer!
So that was the Mid-Year Book Freak Out tag! It was such a fun tag and if you’re reading this and want to do it, consider yourself tagged!
What are some of your reading goals for the rest of 2017? Let me know in a comment!
Social Media Links: