Hello book lovers! Welcome to my first Top 5 Wednesday post! I’m going to try and post these every week, along with my usual Satuday post!
This week’s topic is: Most Misleading Synopses! I’m going to be sharing books with synopses that made me think one thi get, but after reading the book, I found something completely different! (I will link the Goodreads page at the end of this post for each of these books so that you can read their synopsis).
Now here are 5 books with misleading synopses!
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. This book’s synopsis made me think that each new (same) day Sam wakes up, she would find a new way to love that day to change what happens. What happened was completely different! I feelt that she did the same thing, which made the book a bit boring.
- The Host by Stephanie Meyer. This book’s synopsis made me think that the “soul” would play a larger role in the story (which would give it more of a sci-fi feel). When I read those, I was a bit disappointed that the “soul” wasn’t very prominent.
- Spoiled by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan. This is a book that my friend recommended to me, which is the only reason that I picked it up. The synopsis made me think that it was going to be only stereotypical Hollywood life with no real plot or genuine character, but I was completely wrong! I ended up adoring this book and loving the sequel even more!
- And We Stay by Jenny Hubbard (click here for my review). This book’s synopsis “spoiled” something that happened a bit further into the book. It left me waiting for what was mentioned in the synopsis, which made me enjoy the beginning of the book a bit less than I should have.
- What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen (click here for my review). This book’s synopsis made me think that the romance aspect was more prominent. I was surprised while reading since the friendships in this book were way more of a focus, while the romance barely existed.
There you have my top 5 most misleading synopses! The links to all of the Goodreads pages for each book mentioned will be down below, as well as the links to all of my other social medias!
Happy reading and I hope that you have a great rest of your week!🌻
*Goodreads pages for above mentioned books (click the book titles to be brought to their page)*:
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
- The Host by Stephanie Meyer
- Spoiled by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan
- And We Stay by Jenny Hubbard
- What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen